Friday, December 11, 2009

Lawyers with Bruised Ribs


Being a Bad Lawyer, I'm accustomed and not terribly surprised when the Sheriff deputies decide that you the lawyer should get smacked around a little bit.  So when I saw the story of the New Orleans public defender getting punched around, I sort of shrugged my shoulders and thought to myself, been there, done that:  (see:  http://badlawyernyc.blogspot.com/2009/09/pepper-spray-part-1.html)  but,  my Young Lawyer friend, Laura, came into Starbucks this AM and demanded to know why I didn't post about this story at my Blawg.

Okay, La, here it is, Public Defender Stuart Weg was trying to tell a New Orleans Judge that the guy New Orleans cops had in custody was the wrong person.  The Judge, Benedict Willard got annoyed with the lawyer and had his courtroom deputies forcibly remove the lawyer from his courtroom.  In the process the deputies smacked the lawyer once or twice leaving  a few bruises.  All I can say, is Public Defender Weg, stop your whining--wait until the bastards pepper spray you, incarcerate you, and prosecute you for felonious assault on them,  then you have my permission to come cry.  In th meantime, good work--you are well on your way to becoming a bad lawyer.

Let's face it, most of us Bad Lawyers need a smack now and then.

See:  http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/12/public_defender_mistreated_in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment